This morning McKenzie got up early, eager for her first day of school. When we got to school McKenzie walked up to the table that had name tags on it, without being told what to do she picked up her name and put it on. Once class was ready to start the kids all migrated onto the large carpet where they sang a good morning song, said the Pledge of Allegiance, introduced themselves, and then Mrs. Floyd, McKenzie's teacher, read them the book, The Kissing Hand. At that point it was time for recess and an opportunity for all of the parents to slip out. It was exciting and sad in one. I got back in the car to read a text from Tim asking me how everything went and if I cried. I was able to tell him there were no tears:)
McKenzie getting ready to leave for school.

waiting in the hall just outside her classroom.

Putting her backpack away

McKenzie introducing herself.

Mrs. Floyd going over all the letters in the alphabet
No comments:
Post a Comment