This past year has flown by. I have looked at my blog a couple times and when I do I always just get out of it because I am so far behind and had no idea how to catch up. Do I just skip all the things we have done this year and pick up as of today? Do I go back and do a blog post for each event? I would never get caught up that way so I decided one big blog post attempting to capture the highlights of the year would be the best. But these photos don't capture even a 10th of all we have done. Some other highlights of this year include me accepting a Supervisor position in Tulsa, OK, putting our house on the market to sell, renting an apartment here for Tim (because he wasn't going to be able to move for two years), then getting an even better job here, taking our house off the market, sub leasing the apartment, selling all the duplicate furniture we bought to fill Tim's apartment, redecorating our house (we had taken down all pictures and painted the whole house to sell). I even passed another CPCU test in all the chaos.
It has been a fun and memorable year, here is my attempt to recap it since February.
Snow sledding on the huge hill at Midway. Going down was a lot more fun than the hike back up.
Visiting the Easter bunny at State Farm.
McKenzie celebrated her 9th birthday.
A few of her closest friends.
Celebrating Mother's Day at the dinner theater.
Our time in Disney!
(Disney deserves it's own post so one will follow)
A little shooting
smores
A trip to Schlitterbahn in KC.
McKenzie attended several camps this year. This is our church group off to Splash kids.
A little target practice with the bow and arrow.
boating with friends at the lake
Kitten sitting for our neighbors.
Lots of time at the pool.
A competitive game of washers.
Watching a movie on the big screen at the drive-in.
fishin'
Swimming in Grandad and Reichie's lake.
Enjoying Grandad and Reiche's lake as the sun goes down.
fireworks
more shooting
A little putt putt
A monster truck run
Carter loves the monster trucks.
Dinner cruise on the Lake of the Ozarks.
Enjoying the water on the deck of the boat after dinner.
A friend of mine and I went to see Pam Tillis and Lorrie Morgan.
A trip to see Nana and to help her celebrate her retirement.
Carter getting some love from his Nana.
The kids started back to school
McKenzie's first day of 4th grade.
Carter moved from Grandma Susan's to preschool.
We did all this while thanking God every day for all his blessings he has given our family.










No comments:
Post a Comment