Friday, March 26, 2010

What happened to my baby?

We are getting everything in line for McKenzie to start Kindergarten. Last Wednesday we went to Kindergarten registration. When we first arrived, we were approached by a lady with a huge 3 ring binder who wanted to know what street we lived on. When I told her she verified we were at the right school Then and only then we were given a packet of papers to fill out with our contact info, doctors info, etc. The forms repeated themselves over and over and over. I think they just wanted to make sure we knew our personal info - repetition is the key to learning, right? Then before we were allowed to turn the forms in we had to show proof of residency to show that McKenzie really lives where we said she did. Once all of the paperwork was done, we got to meet 2 of the kindergarten teachers, take a tour of the school and see the play ground. McKenzie is very excited to start school now. In addition to all the registration we had to do at school, McKenzie has also had to get her shots and have her eyes checked. Tim took McKenzie yesterday to get her well child check and to get her shots. I am so thankful he was able to take her and I didn't have to. I always cry when she gets shots. Today was McKenzie's eye appointment. She has 20/30 vision in both eyes, with a little bit of farsightedness. The doctor said he likes to see this because she will basically grow into it. I have never heard this before but OK, if you say so! So now we are registered, have our shots and our eyes checked. The only thing left is to get a new look, right? For some Daddy/Daughter time, Tim took McKenzie to got her hair cut. They cut it to chin length. It is very cute but not exactly the style we were looking for. The lady had a hard time getting it straight because, as we all know, McKenzie has a hard time sitting still for anything - even getting her hair cut. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment